Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Glimpse of Heaven

(written 10-1-03 Dallas, TX 4:25PM)

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Gold so pure
That it looks like glass
My flight to Heaven
Seated first class

Walking on clouds
With Savior there
I’ll fly all around
Within my Shepherd’s care

When he leads me
Through the Pearly Gate
My life will begin
All gone is hate

The newness of the city
A beauty rare
With sainted millions time many
Joined together we’ll mar’

The King of Glory
From a nomad to throne
My life story
A sojourner going Home

I stand at the gate to behold
Jewels everywhere
Standing bold
In streets to share

No grief, heartache, crying or tears
His Light of Presence
Will always be near
For darkness has gotten its sentence

I can’t explain the love like rain
Nor even this flood
But gone is the pain
This peace is feeling good

Maybe it’s like a fire
Or a glove that fits
My heart has gotten its desire
Basking I stand, then fall and sit

The Fullness
Completeness
Pureness
Sweetness

Can’t begin to express
All of the treasures around
For they are His best
Enjoying am I, a lost sheep He found

For Heaven’s greatest jewel
Is one of no price
He descended from above to confound every fool
By giving His life, a sacrifice

The bells are ringing
The choirs are singing
The angels flying around
A city of joyful sound

My heaven, my rest
The Creator’s best
Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment