Thursday, March 8, 2007

My Source of Power

(9-30-03 Dallas, TX 7:49AM)

As I bowed that day of Sunday morn’
No more I felt in side the thorn
With this action God did warn
Without me no words or sentences born

Unemotional and cold my heart so felt
That like snowflakes in the sun I all did melt
And from eyes tears did whelp
Praying to God, my only help

All day long did this occur
Just to teach another lesson, I am sure
Without Him nothing, with Him cured
Now walking to allure

A heart so rare he placed inside
The Light turned on, no place to hide
But Faith, Hope, and Joy to abide
With Grace He filled my mind

Words are now flowing
That I may do some sowing
Standing back sometimes mowing
He alone can do the growing

A workman in the fields of Harvest
A work so true, the truest marvelous
Sometimes I tire and fill the starvest
So He feeds me all from His hand’s best

I can’t fully explain the love within
He set me free from the depths of my sin
Now for all my days, I’d walk again
To lay upon my bed as He spoke to the wind

A cool gentle breeze was my assurance
It happened not by chance
But faith in Him and sorrowful repentance
I’ll work, love, and write acting as sentence

Though never did He want to sentence a man
Only give Him a ground to stand
Not His own but the Father’s man
To run the race, He already ran

The pen in hand is tired
Even though feet have left the mire
For now my hands must reach higher
To the God of Thunder, my source of power

No comments:

Post a Comment