Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Day in Autumn

(10-15-03 Dallas, TX 1:32PM)

A passionate sweet seduction
Like the autumn air
Caressing me with instruction
To live in God’s dear care

He’ll hold you up
When no one is around
Letting you drink from his cup
Poured in to fill, then spilt to the ground

His skies are clear
With never a cloud
That I may walk as a mir’
Amongst any crowd

His love is like the sun
Beaming into my face
It’s not another pun
But a symbol of hanging grace

His mercy is like the rain
Falling when skies are gray
Reminding that He’s taken my pain
Just talk to Him in prayer by day

His peace feels like the coolest gentle breeze
Filling me throughout
As the wind blows through the trees
Lifting them up from pout

His joy is like the littlest child
Playing with a brand new toy
Laughing and untamed from wild
Peculiar, set apart, kingdom employed

He is exalted with kindness
Helping every man
Forever my Highness
Helping me to stand

As the cloud in sky does float
Standing still or blown
In Jesus’ redemptive power I’ll gloat
While bowing in love at His throne

Encompassed and ravished by rarest beauty
Enjoying everyday He brings
Will be my duty
As this living sacrifice as chime does sing

No comments:

Post a Comment