Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Lost Friend

(written July 30, 2003 at Mcferrin’s Revival)

My heart is swelling
Because Jesus saved
The Holy Spirit indwelling

One moment, I feel as if I could float
By your sacrifice, precious blood, I gloat
Another moment my soul feels like a hungry rock
It’s heavy

My hand
Barely has strength to pen
My thoughts
If you would do as you ought
We could both feel a greater peace
For me, rejoice
Just to hear a new babe’s voice
For you—
The world’s greatest gift
Salvation
Peace deep within
Victory wins
Nailed is your sin
To the Cross
You shall never be lost
Again

Please listen my friend
Pay attention
The preacher is preaching…
The Holy Spirit beckoning…
A trembling heart
You can’t just believe in part
Surrender it all
On your knees please fall
Call out to my Savior
He’s waiting
Why stand debating?

You know something’s wrong
On Him, you long
Don’t stand in pride?!
You never can hide
You’re naked
Your heart is exposed—
Through your flesh
Sin and God
Does not mesh
You must choose
Jesus
Why do you want to loose?

You’re lost
What does this cost?
A broken and a contrite heart
Repentance
Faith
Trusting only in His grace
Works will not suffice
Money, precious stones, are not enough for this price

You have to realize
I have no hope, turn thy eyes
To Jesus
Come unto Him
Just are you are
Vulnerable
A sinner
Alone
No home
I
Guilty
So filthy
Shaking hands and quivering heart, black
Don’t fight back

Listen
His love beckons
Mercy and Hope
A new life in moments, seconds
They all want you
What will you do?

Trample his blood
This gets you unquenchable fire
Never more a flood
God has promised
He wants to save
Before the foundation of the world
He made a way
Why do you stand and sway?

The thief on the left
Or on the right
Choose Paradise tonight
On Him call
Fall
Give up your mind, emotion, and will
From Satan, your own soul, steal

I want you to go with me
I’m heaven bound
A sinner, I am, God’s Son found
Please heed
You have the deepest need
A born again experience
It only makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment