Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Access

Romans 5:1-2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Have you ever thought about the great freedom that you have to access things all around? Growing up, I wanted access to the cabinets at home that were securely guarded by my mother. I couldn’t eat sweets all day and especially before supper. Occasionally, she would grant me the privilege of getting a snack before supper. I can remember having my own key to my parent’s house and being amazed that they would entrust me with it. Later, I was given keys to a car at sixteen years old. Can you remember the power and freedom that you enjoyed? About a year ago, I was able to get a key that would give access to me and my wife’s first house. There is definitely power in having access!

My mom is no longer guarding the cabinets, and I can lick the bowl of yellow cake batter without her watching over me. It seems that I have also lost the awe of entering my parent’s home, driving my car and entering our home anytime. Accessing these things is part of everyday life. They become mundane. The privilege of being able to get into the cabinets at will and having a key to my parent’s home, a car to drive and a home to sleep in each night has turned into a right that I think I sometimes deserve. These blessings are easily taken for granted. Even the freedom to access my bank account with a debit card loses its luster when I look at the account balance.

With our accounts of sin being settled with God at Calvary and with the realization of true conversion in the heart, we are given peace with God through Jesus Christ. We are adopted into the family of God and become His sons and daughters. Have you ever seen a loving Father turn away his son or daughter when they come to them with a question or desire? We have an amazing privilege today to go to God in prayer and access His wisdom, nurture, love and truth for every situation. It is not a right that we deserve or have earned. It is all of grace. We never have to worry about the account running low, because He is able to supply all our needs according to His riches in glory. He is the Creator of the earth, above all things and is watching over His children. Have you forgotten about the gift and privilege of prayer?

Today, we have the power to access about anything that we want. From the power of buying books to getting on the internet, we can retrieve any kind of information that we desire. With good relationships with people, you can access many homes. However, the only way to access Heaven is through Jesus Christ. Jesus said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” Do you understand the greatness of the One who allows God’s people to access heaven? Though millions of people are praying today at different times, only those who are conversing with God through Jesus Christ are being heard. There is only one true God. How great of a revival do you think God would send if His people would pray and seek His face?

God’s promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14 gives the challenge, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” The power that is needed in the church today is a result in God’s children knowing their Father in heaven. Daniel 11:32b says, “But the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.” Are you looking for strength, wisdom, understanding and courage? It is only found in Christ. “For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father” (Ephesians 2:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment