Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Fully Alive

(10-27-05 Clarksburg, TN 1:14PM)
(Thinking about conducting Esther Dillahey’s funeral. Nancy Jo called me yesterday to prepare)
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Another funeral to conduct
Is it sad for me?
Never when I think about
The door to eternity

Oh yes, my heart is grieved
At the loss of one dearly beloved
Yet they’ve made their choice
Hell beneath, Heaven above

I pray that they have been warned
To flee the wrath to come
Realizing eternity is knocking
Many want to be numbed

Television has desensitized
Many are living make believe
Denying their hearts the best
By not bowing to Your Majesty

I’m Surrendering to You, my Lord
Imagining the casket my body may lie
For one day soon the door will open
Preacher please tell them, I’m fully alive

2 comments:

  1. Brian, I think you are doing a great service in your work. It will make me think, as many others. It's a great service that the Lord has given to you. Only humans can tear it down. You are straight forward in your words and at times it will bother some. I know that I am only one of many that gets real enjoyment from you. Please keep up the good work.
    Thank you, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one, look so forward to reading your words that has been given to you to share with others.

    ReplyDelete