Wednesday, May 9, 2007

He Knows…

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it. (Psalms 139:1-6)
My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Proverbs 1:8
For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. Proverbs 4:3

Have you ever felt misunderstood, mistreated and not appreciated as much as you would like to be and would like to have someone who understands to talk to? I am not talking about Dr. Phil, Oprah or women on The View. I am talking about someone who knows the very intimate details of your heart—Someone who knows your past, your present situation and your future hopes and dreams. Do you think it would be nice to have someone to talk to for a change that understood you right where you are, could take away your pain, and had all the time in the world to listen? I do.

Growing up, I always enjoyed coming home from school, taking my shoes off at the door, throwing my backpack in the living room chair and walking into the kitchen. I could smell supper cooking all the way from the road as I stepped off the bus in the summer. Coming home to mom was a great joy, because I knew that she was waiting for me in the kitchen. Almost everyday, I would climb onto the kitchen counter and watch my mom prepare delicious meals while I talked away. She always had a listening ear and seemed to understand every word that I would say. She was gentle, inspired dreams, encouraged me to always to my best, gave godly advice and let me make my own decisions. She trusted me, because she knew me…

As we grow older and move away from home, we begin to reminiscence on those days when we could go to our moms as little children and share all of our hearts. It was a safe place where we were free to express ourselves without worrying what she might say. I was part of her and she was part of me. I was born in my mom and dad’s image. I looked like them and they were going to protect, provide and love me unconditionally. It is great to be a son or a daughter and be able to enjoy the freedom and security of a Godly home.

These thoughts of your home life may bring positive or negative feelings. You may not have had a mom or dad that was able to understand you. You may have been orphaned, left to raise yourself, or even ran away from a brutal situation. Whatever the case, godly parents are a link to children knowing and understanding God. The fifth commandment is, “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you (Exodus 20:12).” Parents can be instrumental in showing us the way, but they can never replace our Creator’s love and understanding of our life. Jesus said in John 14:6, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me. God knows your heart today. He knows the day, the week, the month, year and life that you have had. He understands, wants to listen, and wants to be the one you come to first when your heart yearns to come home. He has a banquet spread in the Word of God and it waiting to comfort you when the school of life has dropped you off on the side of the road. He knows you and sees everything you do. Do you know Him? Are you in Christ? If so, as a son or daughter of God, cast all your care upon him; for he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7) He’s waiting for you to come home…

No comments:

Post a Comment