Monday, January 15, 2007

A Conversation with Satan

(8-29-03 Flying from Dallas to Nashville 2:57PM)
These words come into my heart as I sat on an airplane full of people whose eternal destiny could be waying in the balances above the clouds. My heart yearned to share the Gospel with each one because I was ready for my final flight and pondered if they had ever given their soul's destination a thought.

People, people
All around
Satan’s screaming,
“Make not a sound”
Let these people die
Without knowing
The place they’ll be going

I have them blinded with games
I know you know that it is a shame
They won’t even worship their Creator
Instead they illusively trust in me—
The Eternal Separator
Of God’s presence
Some of them should have already learned their lesson

Yet they seek more
And so, from my storehouses
I give it too them, douses
World’s wickedness
Of sin
I tempt
Even though, I’m already whipped

Maybe not outnumbered
But overpowered
I am the Greatest Coward
A lover of darkness
A god within myself
I needed not God’s help

For I thought I could be as Him
Yet I have been forever condemned
To Darkness
Death
The Lake of Fire
Why didn’t I trust Him?
Let Him be my desire

I, an angel, like the rest of the world
Wanted to be God
So across the land, devouring souls
I trod
I’m bringing their souls
With me
Full of hatred
Call me the Wretched Enemy
I have no care!

For I am eternally falling
In fires hotter than Hell
Consuming all, but none
Let these people around be shunned
Share not the Gospel of Peace
Allow them to get what they deserve
Doom and condemnation
That will never cease

“Be quiet!”
“Don’t make a riot”
I know you want to though
If you speak of Jesus,
I’ll be on your track,I just wanted you to know

No comments:

Post a Comment