Sunday, January 28, 2007

Me

(12-03-04 Hendersonville, TN 3:54PM)

While looking out the window of a coffee shop, I look out in peaceful surrender to the baby blue sky speckled with white clouds. It was a moment of surrender and realization that I have only one life to live, and I was not in charge of it. I could try to be if I wanted, but I learned that I am only here for a little while on this earth and want to keep my hands and heart free from the grip of anything. The only person that my hands are reaching for is my Heavenly Father who enables me to love, serve and worship before His throne of grace. In Christ, I am all that God created me to be!

Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Who keeps my heart beating?
My lungs full of breath?
My mind full of imagination?
Who holds the key of death?

In reality, I have no control
Over this life that I live
At any moment it could stop
If God decided not to give

The next breath that I breathe
Is a blessing in disguise
When I grab it, it’s gone
Before my very eyes

I would like to hoard enough
To control my number of days
But my hands are too small
So I lift them in praise!

To the Giver of Life
In Him all things move and be
What a precious gift I have!
Me

1 comment:

  1. Brian,

    The poetry "Me" is very inspiring!!! God owns every beat of our hearts and every breath we take belongs to Him. When you are in Christ, you will have everlasting life and that is great news!!!
    Rochelle Hunt

    ReplyDelete