Monday, January 22, 2007

Spiritually Freed

(1-22-07 Hendersonville, TN 10:52PM)

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


A work of grace alone
For Christ’s blood can only atone
The depravity and darkness of my sin
Behind the veil, can I enter in?

I can not be good enough to please
Nor have any work to appease
The wrath that justly is mine
Because to sin is my design

For Adam’s transgression in the garden
Has caused all of mankind’s heart to harden
Against the grace of the Lord Most High
Thank God, He sent Jesus to die

The weight of condemnation had brought me low
The Law of God gave my heart a final blow
Bringing self-destruction I was shattered with face to ground
Christ came to this lost sheep and found

A soul that realized the cross was my only choice
Helpless as the thief in God’s provision I rejoice
In myself, I could only hang and bleed
Yet in Christ, I am spiritually freed

No comments:

Post a Comment