Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Picture of Grace

(5-13-05 Hendersonville, TN 11:44AM)

My mom always liked the quality of being down to earth. She always told me that I need to be that way and should look for a wife that is the same. When we realize that we can only live, move and have our being because of the grace of God, then we are in a place where life can spring forth in abundance.

So often I portray myself
As who I am not
For what reason I’m not sure
Maybe my pride likes to trot

Pretending to know it all
Have experienced it all
Seen it all
Own it all
What a lie to live!

I just need to be myself
What you see is what you get!
Nothing fancy, abnormal, but maybe plain
Though happy as can be dancing in the rain

It doesn’t matter if I get wet
I was made of the dirt and rain has to set
Form a puddle over me and I’ll soak in
The water that’s hiding me from my sin

Just trying to hide from Who’s over me
Until the sun comes out, scorched as can be
Dried, cracked and wrinkled on top
Enough is enough, it’s time to stop

In reality, I am but dirt or clay
Let me be who I am while I’m here today
Enjoying the gravity that keeps me close to the ground
In this handful of dirt look what I have found.

1 comment: