Monday, January 15, 2007

Leap

(9-30-03 Dallas, TX 8:47PM)

Life is about faith. "When we walk to the edge of all the light we have, and take that step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen: There will be something to stand on or God will teach us how to fly!" -unknown

This poem was written as I contemplated God's call to leave my secular job and follow Him in October of 2003. After much prayer, I realized that God was asking for a sacrifice from me and the sacrfice was laying my secular job on the altar and follow Him. He made it crystal clear to me that this was my next step. In the second week of October, I walked into my boss's office and turned in my two weeks notice. Many in my church and family thought I had taken this "Jesus thing" a little too serious. It wasn't a thing, but a person who proved Himself faithful when everyone else doubted. He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother and leads us by faith each day. Looking back, it proved to be a turning point in my life and has taught me about God's faithfulness to His children. It sometimes is tempting to live comfortably in past victories, but God calls us to leap each day into His arms with fresh faith as a child running to their daddy. And so, I find myself leaping by faith into the world of blogs to encourage at least one person to have faith in God and His Son Jesus Christ for the salvation of their soul or simply to help a brother or sister along this journey home. If this blog only touches one person, it has made a difference!

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

A leap of faith
Like thin air’s sky
Will I land?
Or will I die?

I hope but twain
To ground like rain
In Earth to saturate
In the sun evaporate

Just a humble prayer
It feels like a simple dare
Yet faith is knowing its there
Jumping in hands of care

What shall I do?
When skies turn midnight blue
And time “tick tocks”
Step in faith as the cuckoo clock

I’ll leap the leap
Of Freedom’s sleep
Into the Master seep
Like in river, the running creek

I ask for help
Step by step
That I may know
Which road to go

For the lantern shines
Upon my feet
To guide by night
Along this fight

Until He calls
To leap again
I’ll march the road with pen.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. hey! This is kelsey [from NC]. We got your "Above the Clouds" book today & i started reading part of it. God really has given you a knack for writing. I am sure we will enjoy it. Thank you! I hope all is well in Tennessee. Have a good day!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete